RW07 - Photo Gallery 01 Gallery 02
Adding new photographs of Liguria,
the Italian Rivieras and Italy every month.
Choose from 3 itineraries from 3 to 9 hours. Minimum time required is 4 hrs. One of the 'classic' walks of the world.
1. Cinque-Terre Villages: Graded GREEN, Village Visits Only Tour, 3 to 8 hrs. Monterosso - Vernazza - Riomaggiore.
2. Walk & Visit: Graded BLUE, Walking Visit, 3.5 to 8 hrs. Monterosso - Vernazza - Manarola - Riomaggiore.
3. Medium Walk: Graded RED, Walking Tour, 5.5 to 9 hrs. Monterosso by train or boat - Monterosso - Vernazza - Corniglia - Manarola - Riomaggiore.
Levels of Difficulty
GREEN : Requiring no walking experience at all, typically for those itineraries which offer a scenic way to visit the seaside towns of the Riviera.
BLUE : These itineraries are for those of reasonable fitness and who quite regularly take leisurely country walks. They will typically take 3-4 hrs and without too many ups and downs.
RED : For those that consider a good walk to last 4-6 hrs and are not put off by the odd hill climb.
BLACK : If you want a long day's walk with a generous sprinkling of ups, including the odd mountain, then these are the ones to take. Although these trails follow marked pathways, the terrain is often rugged requiring good walking gear. A good level of fitness and a 'head for heights' required.
* Bottled water: it is suggested that you take at least 1.5 litres of water per person and more during the months of July and August.
* Mobile phone: should you ever need assistance, phone Xtrallusion on the number given below at any time. Other than in a few locations, mobile phone coverage is good and you should never be without a network for more than a few hundred metres.
* Shorts, T-shirt and a cajole in case of wind.
* Fleece & cajole when walking in the higher coastal alps.
* - If you can, it is better to do this walk during the week rather than at weekends when it is really full of visitors, both local and from abroad.
All images have
digital authentification tags applied and 'megapixel' originals
as a means for copyright identification purposes.
All content copyright ©
2001-2009 Xtrallusion, all rights reserved.
in beautiful conversions of prominent old 'borghi' into luxury
properties set in their own grounds of vines, fruit and olive
trees. Finished properties are the result of a crafted restoration
of all genuine and authentic characteristics. Unique opportunities
in one of the Riviera's more sought after locations.
the photo advert on the left for details.
Adventure, activity and walking
holidays in Italy on the Italian Rivieras. Independent, escorted
and self guided walking holidays in Liguria, Italy - plus paragliding,
4x4 and skiing holidays. Come and discover the undiscovered and
allow yourself to be charmed by Italy's beautiful Ligurian Rivieras.
Visit and explore mountains, mediterranean rivieras and one of
Italy's lesser known regions - on foot, by 4x4, with paraglider
or on skis.
Enjoy relaxed, independent walking
holidays in Italy along the Italian Rivieras using self-guided
itineraries. Explore the beautiful mediterranean countryside
and coastal mountains by foot taking in some of the regions most
famous and magnificent towns and coast - the Cinque Terre, Portofino,
Genova (Genoa), Santa Margherita, Rapallo, San Fruttuoso, Camogli,
Chiavari, Sestri Levante, Vernazza, Manarola, Riomaggiore, Monterosso
al Mare, Corniglia, Portovenere, Savona, Spotorno, Noli, Finale,
Alassio, Imperia, San Remo and it's national parks to name but
Whatever you look for in the great
outdoors, the region of Liguria in northern Italy, is a paradise
for independent walking, hiking, mountain walking, coastal walking,
and simply exploring the regions characteristic seaside towns
and fishing villages - in spring, summer, autumn and winter.
Liguria, an intense flavour of Italy in one of Europe's most
unique 'sea and mountain' locations.
Xtrallusion offers a variety
of self-guided holidays, all year round.